Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween


Dane hustled and had a good, positive attitude at his T-ball game yesterday—a marked improvement over last week’s slow sulking and wandering over to me several times during the game. Dane and Drew had a complete blast on Halloween. It was definitely the high point of the week. We toured them around the block in the wagon. Drew was more interested in making new friends than getting candy and he left his Woody hat on the entire time.

At one house the lady who answered was holding a small dog (ankle-biter variety). Drew kissed that dog at least 4 times and wouldn’t stop talking with the lady and wouldn’t turn away from the house after several good-bye’s. Drew continues to approach complete strangers with hugs and love. A week ago at a fall festival in one of our neighborhood parks he climbed into the lap of a girl sitting on the ground who looked about 16 years old. I had to pick him up eventually because he wouldn’t get up.

Dane really enjoyed the Charlie Brown play last night as well. He recognized Thomas in the dancing blanket costume. He kept asking if Lucy was really mad or just pretending. He also kept reminding me we don’t say ‘stupid’. He had fun.

I ran Weds-Friday this last week. 1 mile per day. I am committed to doing it tomorrow morning as well. It makes a big difference in my day. It’s easier to focus and work hard when I feel I have already accomplished something great (running 1 mile is a great feat for me at this point.)

Setting up the land division at ARA is coming along fine. Mostly research up front… I do have a developer driving a site in NE Mesa tomorrow and will likely write an offer for the property. It’s nice having all the tools I need, the contacts of seasoned brokers to leverage and a lot of room to do the job the way I think it should be done. I am happy with the situation.

Life gives us a return based on our investment in it. Reading the scriptures daily, reading other good books, running and eating good help keep our saw sharp which helps us produce more (work, service, etc.) Also, there are no short cuts in life. I sit near a 24 year old researcher at work who wants to fast track his path to success. My advice to him was to look at a 5-10 year picture instead of a 12-24 month picture. There are no shortcuts to big results. Stephen will be a partner in a prestigious law firm someday because he is paying the price right now.

All for now. Enjoy the pictures.

No comments: