Sunday, October 28, 2007

Woody and Buzz

Meagan has been having some lower abdominal pain on the left side following a recent mis-carriage. Friday she went in for an ultrasound and a mass was discovered near her left ovary. Based on her blood work levels now, she is definitely not pregnant and the doctors said the mass does not appear to be related to the recent mis-carriage. She is going in tomorrow for the doctor to determine whether they should biopsy and/or remove the mass. Prayers requested (maybe more for her nerves than for anything life-threatening).

Dane is Buzz Lightyear and Drew is Woody. Drew spent most of the 75 minutes (I was solo with the kids most of the time, that’s why I know it was 75 minutes) at a Saturday Halloween party throwing his oversized cowboy hat like a Frisbee across the gym and then chasing it down.

Dane had his second T-ball game yesterday and did well despite being sick from some recent immunizations and a nasal flu spray Thursday.

Meagan and I went to the ASU v. CAL game last night (GO DEVILS!). ASU is ranked in the top 5 nationally and is one of only 5 times in the nation that is undefeated. We face Oregon in Oregon next week and I think it will be our toughest game of the year. Oregon is also ranked very high nationally and just beat USC yesterday. If we beat Oregon we could have a serious shot at even a national championship game!

Just over a year ago I saw an advertisement for new US Gov’t gold minted coins. The newspaper ad I saw was paid for by the US Treasury and it explained the coins were one once in weight and 99.99% pure. You can buy and sell them on any given day for that day’s spot price of gold. I bought 5 of them and paid around $625 each. Since that time the dollar has been losing ground against most other foreign currencies and fear of a recession is wide-spread. People buy gold as a hedge against recession and a falling dollar. I just checked and now my coins are worth $780 each. It was pure luck on my part they went up in value instead of down but it has shown me the value of diversification in investments. That’s my show and tell for the week.

Read your scriptures every day and pray always. I was reminded at church today that the quality of my joy in life is directly proportionate to the quality, frequency and sincerity of my daily prayers. Labor in prayer. Love, Mark.

No comments: